How to use Google Posts
What are Google Posts, and how do you use them?
What are Google Posts?
Google Posts allow businesses to share content from their Google My Business profile. Previously only available to specific industries, but Google recently made the feature available to all Google My Business users. You can share text, links, and images that will appear in the in the search results in your business listing.
Google Posts stay live for up to seven days. You can have multiple posts at the same time (up to 10), and the newest ones will show up first. The first two are fully visible, and you will need to scroll to see the rest.
What kind of posts should I share?
You can share a variety of posts and information such as:
- Offers / Specials such as discounts or promo codes
- Product updates such as new offerings
- Events or Announcements
Create a post
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have 2 or more locations, click Manage location for the location you'd like to manage
- Click Create post. Or click Posts from the menu.
- The “Create post” screen will appear. Here, you’ll see options to add photos, text, events, and a button to your post. Just click each field, and enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve created your post, click Preview to see a preview. If it looks good, click Publish in the top right corner of the screen.
Is your Google listing optimised?
Is your Google My Business listing up to date? Talk to us today about optimising your business listing, and showcasing your business offerings to your customers.